This idea seems to be circling some blogs at the moment....summarised well by James Clay (of course) in his post "Am I a visitor or a Native" and spoofed in his video at the MLearn conference dinner.
I agree with the view that it isn't about age its about how it effects you and your life. So what am I? I am (reasonably ashamed to say) still only a visitor who takes a lot of trips there but hasn't moved in yet. I use technology to enhance my life (and trust me it does) and often look for technical solutions and enhancements to situations and opportunities. But I don't blog regularly (as you know), I don't use handheld devises for anything other than music, films, text and calls and I don't have any 'online only' friends. Part of this is laziness of course...if someone sets it up and shows me how, I am off and often a regular user....what I don't have is the drive to work it out myself and, heaven above, read the manual!
I said I was ashamed but on reflection I'm not sure I am....I might not be hanging out with the cool kids but at least I know what they are talking about.
Friday, 10 October 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment